Samsung began rolling out its newest One UI 3.1 software program replace to pick out areas final week, bringing new options from the Galaxy S21 cellphone collection to extra units, together with the Galaxy S20 collection, Galaxy Note 20 collection, Galaxy Z Fold 2 and Galaxy Z Flip.
Samsung by no means makes use of inventory Android software program, however as an alternative places its personal spin on the design. In the early days of Galaxy telephones, it was one thing referred to as TouchWiz, which was closely criticized by reviewers. In late 2018, Samsung unveiled One UI with the goal to make it simpler for customers to navigate their telephones. The third technology of the software program arrived in December together with Android 11.
One UI 3.1 consists of the next new options, all of that are already out there on Galaxy S21 telephones:
- Enhanced single take: An up to date Single Take characteristic for cellphone cameras permits you to seize a number of pictures and video clips by urgent the shutter button simply as soon as. The characteristic launched on the Galaxy S20, however the S21 line introduced extra results.
- Object eraser: The new clever picture modifying software cuts out any undesirable components of your photos, with out handbook modifying.
- Multimic recording: Record audio via each your cellphone and a linked Bluetooth machine on the similar time, for higher high quality audio and video.
- Eye consolation defend: This new setting mechanically adjusts the blue gentle being emitted out of your cellphone based mostly on the time of day, which may assist with eye pressure. You can allow it out of your Quick Settings panel.
- Private Share: This characteristic permits you to share encrypted information and set permission and expiration dates for the info, in addition to grant read-only entry.
For extra, try how the One UI widgets stack up in opposition to these on the iPhone 12, and TNE’s Galaxy S21 evaluate and Galaxy S21 Ultra evaluate.
Now taking part in:
We evaluate the Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G and its bonkers cameras
Discover the most recent information and finest opinions in smartphones and carriers from TNE’s cell specialists.
TNE’s Shara Tibken contributed to this report.