If you happen to’re interested in pursuing a podcast advertising approach to affix with millennial or Gen Z clients however aren’t apparent if the good alternatives exist to your agency, examine cross-test this checklist of podcast advertising stats.
With these strategies, chances are you will effectively be ready to title podcasters with a worth-level and viewers contrivance that is smart to your designate. Then, chances are you will effectively be ready to work with them and leverage their experience by sponsoring the drawl materials they’ve made. Alternatively, chances are you will effectively per probability additionally hold a local advert that aligns with their dialogue points.
We are going to veil podcasting’s best advertising alternatives, the place podcasting is headed, and the demographics who tune in primarily essentially the most.
Desk of Contents:
Podcasts and Selling
Podcast Listener Behaviors
Podcasts and Selling
- In 2022, 82% of entrepreneurs opinion to proceed investing the an identical quantity or hold better their funding in podcasts or reasonably only a few audio drawl materials. (HubSpot)
- Podcast advert spending is predicted to hit $1.74 billion this 12 months. (Statista)
- 39% of Data Experience corporations opinion to leverage podcast advertising in 2022. (HubSpot)
- The everyday podcast advert slot prices between $10 to $50, with additional high fee charges for shows with extreme listenership. (HubSpot)
- 18% of U.S.-essentially primarily based corporations opinion to leverage podcasts and audio drawl materials of their advertising strategies. (HubSpot)
- 54% of podcast shoppers affirm that they are further prone to take pay attention to the manufacturers they hear marketed on podcasts. (Edison Overview)
- 38% of entrepreneurs working for retail corporations affirm podcast advertising is the media channel with the supreme ROI. (HubSpot)
- Podcast advertising income is predicted to inch $2 billion in 2022. (IAB Podcast Advert Earnings File)
- In 2021, there had been over 2 million energetic podcasts. (Podcast Insights)
- By April 2021, there had been over 48 million podcast episodes. (Podcast Insights)
- Month-to-month podcast listeners grew by 6.1% to 125 million listeners in 2022. (eMarketer)
- 73% of People age 12 and up comprise listened to podcasts within the earlier month. (Buzzsprout)
- Between 2021 and 2022, the substitute of folks over the age of 12 within the U.S. who listened to podcasts elevated from 57% to 62%. (Edison Overview)
- Roughly 79% of folks over the age of 12 within the U.S. are accustomed to podcasts. (Edison Overview)
- 53% of podcast listeners are males. (Edison Overview)
- 41% of millennials be all ears to podcasts weekly. (Jam Avenue Media)
- 53% of males and 46% of girls be all ears to podcasts in 2022. (Edison Overview)
- 66% of podcast listeners comprise a university stage and a median earnings of $75,000 per 12 months. (Buzzsprout)
- The supreme hold better in podcast listenership within the earlier 12 months has come from these within the 12-to-34 age neighborhood. (Edison Overview)
Podcast Listener Behaviors
- 38% of folks be all ears to podcasts month-to-month whereas 26% of folks be all ears to podcasts weekly. (Edison Overview)
- Whereas 49% of podcast listeners tune in from dwelling, 22% hear within the automotive. (Podcast Insights)
- Roughly 30% of folks be taught podcasts from on-line search whereas about 20% of listeners affirm they hear about them from reasonably only a few friends or uncover of mouth. (Buzzsprout)
- Podcast listeners are further prone to personal a tidy speaker. (Buzzsprout)
- Podcasts are the no 1 audio supply by time of consumption amongst podcast listeners. (Edison Overview)
- 50% of podcast Gargantuan Listeners agree that podcast adverts are the proper skill to achieve them. (Edison Overview)
- Millennials and Gen Z are 5% further prone to be all ears to podcasts for skilled causes than older generations. (EX-IQ)
- Roughly 50% of purchaser service reps comprise listened to a podcast at work. (EX-IQ)
- Whereas 39.2% of those that be all ears to podcasts not decrease than month-to-month hear by technique of Apple Podcasts, 26.4% train Spotify. (Buzzsprout)
- Further than half of of millennials be all ears to tutorial podcasts. (EX-IQ)
- 62% of podcast listeners affirm they’d be further prone to fraction podcasts with friends if that they had been ready to fraction one instant part or spotlight of it, reasonably than an entire episode. (EX-IQ)
- In 2021, dynamic advert insertion accounted for 84% of podcast advertising income. 40% of podcast adverts had been host-be taught. (IAB Podcast Advert Earnings File)
- The quantity of branded drawl materials in podcasts elevated by virtually 82% between 2020 and 2021. (Chartable)
- In 2021, 55% of podcast adverts had been 16 to 30 seconds. (IAB Podcast Advert Earnings File)
- Further than 38% of podcast commercials are geared up and obtained on a quarterly foundation. (IAB Podcast Advert Earnings Report)
- Virtually 94% of podcasters fee for adverts with payment-per-mille pricing. (IAB Podcast Advert Earnings File)
- NPR notes that 75% of its podcast listeners will reply or seize motion after listening to sponsored drawl materials. (Nationwide Public Media)
- Pre-roll adverts elevated in income fraction from 22% in 2020 to 32% in 2021. (IAB Podcast Advert Earnings File)
Targeted on podcast advertising?
As you comprise thought of from the stats above, podcasting is rising in reputation — particularly amongst youthful generations. And whereas it’s miles again and again opinion to be a personal of “leisure,” podcast drawl materials will even be extraordinarily versatile.
Lets affirm, although millennials or Gen Z be all ears to podcasts that function interviews with huge celebrities, they’ll additionally hear carefully to smaller shows that educate them about recent developments or information that impacts their existence or career.
On fable of there are so important of podcasts, and so many listeners with shopping for attainable, chances are you will effectively per probability additionally need to take pay attention to podcast sponsorships in your future advertising opinion.
First and elementary printed Aug 5, 2022 7: 00: 00 AM, up to date August 05 2022